Wednesday 4 April 2012

Atheism

I've come to the conclusion I'm an atheist.

I don't understand how I could be any other way. I believe in evolution and the randomness of life.I believe that people are generally miserable despite their amazing selves and the opportunities presented such as chocolate and comedy and the creativity that their brain provides. I believe that governments are arseholes who can't do right for doing wrong simply because logic and morality is so warped and misguided through the mix of religious beliefs and stupidity on this planet that pleasing everyone is simply impossible so they endeavour to please themselves. I believe in the signals to my brain that create feelings of love when I see my family and friends or come across anyone who can make me laugh or doesn't dawdle in central London. I believe in laziness as well as inspiration. I believe in language and metaphors. I believe in Stephen Fry and his complexities. I believe in novels that take you to different worlds, times or dimensions. I believe that violence and cruelty are results of the imposers' religious beliefs, stupidity, mental illness or all three. I believe that I could write a book about a yellow dragon and in a couple of thousand years someone could discover it in whatever format and decide it is sacred fact and that everyone must worship this yellow dragon of Chocolateland simply because of the morality the story provides.

I believe in people's right to decide for themselves even if they decide to only listen to someone else's conclusions.

I believe that peace is nearly impossible in this world as we are too busy telling each other that peace is what our God or Gods want.... instead of reasonably thinking about it and coming to the conclusion that things would be better if smiles replaced guns and music replaced debt.

I also believe in Tom Hardy sweet patooty.

1 comment:

  1. You're deeper than I thought, I'm impressed. Yellow dragon be praised.

    G x

    ReplyDelete