Thursday 23 June 2011

A New Beginning

Choosing a font for the title of my blog means the word "adventures" no longer has meaning. It does not look like it is spelled correctly. In fact part of me just knows it is not a word at all.

But it is.

And here it is. The Adventures of Miss H. Miss H being me and Adventures being what I get up to now I have moved to "that there London", as my Dad calls it, though I'm unsure why. These adventures will not always be full of wonder and intrigue but I hope that sometimes they will be, as I start to get myself one of those "life" things. Lets be honest though, some days I will probably spend more time in my room blogging, watching films, checking twitter and applying for jobs than pursuing some ever wondrous and intriguing tale. 

That said, an adventure for me can sometimes be trying to catch (and kill, sorry) a little black fly that has found its way through my window and is endeavoring to help me finish my meal. Or trying to find my Oyster card that I simply CANNOT leave the flat without now I live here, discovering it is in fact in my pocket and the sweat I have just worked up has achieved nothing except maybe a slight workout.

Here's hoping I will have some fabulous stories to tell as I wonder out into this City of many possibilities, restaurants, interviews, rejections, weather and escalators. Among other things.

So, what am I doing today I hear you ask? Well I decided, due to lack of funds, to hang out in my pad until I start work at 6.45. It was a conscious decision that I was faithful to, which I cannot claim I am to the other conscious decisions that involve more energy and planning. I work at a music venue in Camden, on the bar. I enjoy bar work and its suits me well while I slog away trying to establish work that is more relevant to my move. Something in Theatre production. I chose an easy path (!). 

I'm going to pinpoint my sarcasm (!) when I remember. Its just easier that way. In my experience, readers of my work don't always grasp the subtle humour. Or disapprove of it, as was the case with many an assignment during my University days. Ah, the good ol' days.

Also my blogs will finish abruptly.

No comments:

Post a Comment