Friday 24 June 2011

"Irk" is a great word.

Met a friend for lunch today. A late lunch. (Half 2). Which is that time between lunch and dinner where I shouldn't be eating if I want to lose my extra pounds. Which even the skinniest girls have apparently. They're annoying aren't they? Eff off you 8 stone phenomenon.

Service was appalling, food was good, so I rebelled by asking them to take the service charge off the bill :-O and leaving a cash tip.... Bit pointless? I find myself irked when things don't go smoothly in restaurants when it isn't busy. I've waitressed, I know the dealeo. Here are a few things I expect from restaurant service in Covent Garden...
1. One waiter/ress. Not 4.
2. Glasses in which to drink the water. Not just a decanter.
3. Wine to be brought from the bar to the table. Not left until we point it out.
4. Plates to be collected in less than ten minutes after completing the meal. Not half an hour later.
5. SMILES

I'm up my own arse aren't I....

My friend, we'll call her K, is doing very well. Working in the Old Vic Tunnels, don't ya know. Its nice that someone at Uni is doing so well in their study area. Too many talented people from my study days are working in banks, cinemas, supermarkets and bars. Myself included. But at least I'm trying, some people seem content to be settled down, working to live, partner on their arms and Uni-like nights out. I want to be forever changing, living to work, sexy people by my side and exciting, conversation filled, impromptu nights out. Is that asking too much?

K has the same Primarni sunglasses as me. We're cool.

Any-who. Work tonight. OH and I have an interview on Monday to work on Infomercials in Shopping Centre's around London. I could do that. I could sell anything. There must be more susceptible people than me out there.

Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment