Monday 27 June 2011

My own, slightly less exciting, Glastonbury

Watched the epic performance by Beyonce at Glastonbury in the comfort of a friend's flat today. Well worth the reeeally hot and reeeally long and reeeally awkward journey to hers. Awkward? Oh, the cork from my opened and chilled bottle of white wine POPPED off and collided with a lady's thigh. Due to the heat I think. I pretended to be as confused as her, glancing around the bus for the source of the rocket propelled cork bullet. I knew it was my wine. And to be honest, I was more concerned that the contents might spill into my bag. What a palaver.

Was just like being at the festival. Yeah, okay, not reeeally. But, I was uncomfortably hot, slightly sweaty, there was canned cider, cigarettes, conversation that was abrubtly stopped when a tuuuune began and the faded scent of marijuana... So not such a crazy thing to say.

It was nice being the baby tonight. Sounds strange but I am so used to being the oldest out of a group of friends and it was nice not to feel older and wiser. Not that I ever feel like that. I don't reeeally know what I'm talking about. Who knew that could happen in a blog as well as real life eh?

Now watching random episodes of Extras while I work out the journey to my aforementioned interview tomorrow. Extras is excellent. Ashley Jensen is wonderful in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment