Tuesday 28 June 2011

A Day of Evening.

Such a weird day that never seemed to turn into day. The sun never came up, it just never got light. If I could tell the time by the sun's position in the sky I wouldn't have know 10am from 6pm. Thankfully it isn't the 1600s and I have mobile, as well as an alarm clock that tell the time quite accurately. Woop, woop.

The episode of Friends where Ross sings Baby Got Back by Sir Mix-A-Lot to baby Emma just came on. I should think I was one of those babies where strange things made me laugh. Like the sound of a high pitched sneeze. Or, if I had to choose a song, probably Come on Eileen by Dexys Midnight Runners. There has to be a reason why that song causes me to stop all conversation and stare idly, singing along and craving a pair of dungarees.

Classic 80s music and classic musical numbers are eternally embedded in my brain as the songs of my childhood. Even though they weren't anywhere near the charts or mainstream music during my childhood. You can blame my parents. I, however, am completely to blame for my teen tastes. A bit of Bullet for My Valentine, Slipknot and The Distillers.
This would be why when people ask what music I like and I say "all sorts" I am telling the truth.

I'm glad I started this blog. Where else can I ramble on for hours apart from in the company of my ever suffering friends. Well they need suffer no more!

(Mainly because I moved away)

Anywho, I have planned a fairly busy week and weekend of work, old friends and new friends. Hopefully new opportunities. Going to a filming of a commercial at a cinema on Sunday morning, with an 8am start after a 4am finish at work - I'm a trooper. Then a drop in session to work as a festival steward on Monday. I can plan. I have plans


Right now I plan to pee. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment