Saturday 16 July 2011

In No Particular Order

Things I like.

Being in on a joke.
Drunk people dancing with their eyes closed.
Not QUITE falling over.
The words "notorious" and "shimmering".
Grins that show all the teeth (but aren't scary)
Brightly painted nails.
Boys with awesome cheekbones.
When people say "I'm fantastic" when you ask how they are.
Chocolate. Lots of.
Looking for the cloud that is blocking the sun.
Huge, epic vats of popcorn. And not having to share.
When that person comes online and messages you.
My friends. My notoriously shimmering friends.
Accents.
Anticipation.
Words beginning with A that aren't AND.
Awesome. For example.
When my Dad dances to an 80s track.
Being winked at. ;-)
Sentences that don't end the way you shnizzle.
The smell of Davidoff cologne. Mmm.
Guitar players.
Blazing Saddles.
Car games with my Mother: In particular the "Dead Animal Game". I'll explain and spread the joy...
...You each get a side of the road. For each animal you get 1 point. For each leg still intact you get 1 point. And for identifying the species of animal. 1 point. Simples. I always win because Mother is concentrating on her driving. Works better in the Country...
The loveliness of Gavin and Stacey.
Snuggles.
Going to the Movies. Piracy is bad. Give yourself a slap.
Singing well.
Singing badly.
Spaghetti bolognese (said with the obligatory Italian accent)  Not complete without tomato stained lips, top and lap. Hair, hands, floor and forehead are optional.
Being taller than my StepMum. Home is the only kitchen I know with a stool.
Nan's cooking. And the formality of dining at my Grandparents'.
Not having to sit at the kids table anymore.
Notebooks that are so pretty, I can never write in them.
When my make-up and hair go right.
The Hitchikers' Guide to the Galaxy.
Knowing I'm more or less grown up now because I really enjoy a nice red wine.
The All American Rejects.
Pints of milk without the guilt.
Connie and her ways.
Watching my brother grow and calculating if I can still beat him up if needs be. Or, you know, if I fancy it.
Knowing my parents will tell my brother that.
Taking the plastic wrapping off DVDs.
The feel of fluffy towels, exfoliated skin, my keys in my bag, ice cubes and my computer keyboard.
When I photograph well.
People getting together at long last in films or TV programmes.
Being my older sisters' Big Sis.
Freedom.
Lists.

1 comment:

  1. And - learning to say the word "vegetable" not "vengtable"

    ReplyDelete