Sunday 7 August 2011

Rambling free

I love Leicester Square. 

I work there.

:-D

It's a place where you see lots of people you recognize, but you have to train yourself to ignore the initial response that your brain kicks in with. You know. The one where you want to smile and say hi. This training is essential as 99 percent of the time they are either on the TV or they are featured in posters or are in one of the many shows in London or some combination of those things and you do NOT know them personally.

IF you are untrained and you smile and say hi, they are going to think only one thing.

"Knob"

Saying that. Guess what happened. 
I was casually chilling outside the Ambassadors Theatre on the West End, waiting for a courier to deliver a keyboard needed for some auditions my company were using the venue for. (My life is different from before) Out the corner of my eye I saw a man and the initial response kicked in, I knew his face for sure. But I resisted. For reasons I have detailed previously. I have been trained well. I played it cool. Init. 

Like this chilled....


Then the man said "Long way from Grantham aren't you?" The initial response for my brain this time was, "Oh, probably know him then." Turns out it was none other than G who used to work behind the bar, at my  local back in my hometown, and has now moved to run a pub in Wimbledon. He just happened to be walking past on the way to a free haircut by the students at Saks hairdressers nearby.
How freaking extraordinarily bloody amazingly crazily coincidental was that. 

Small world indeed.


Spent way too much time on YouTube today. Found this though, which is genius and I must see it or I will have lived less than I would like. Check it - The Boy With Tape On His Face


There is a mosquito in this room and it is so gonna get deaded. 

No comments:

Post a Comment