Saturday 26 May 2012

Too much information

Some information.

Currently half sat up and half lying down under the white, flowery covers and on top of my black sheet with similarly decorated pillows under my back. I am typing away while the terrific noise of Linkin Park playing live many miles away in Madrid (Spain, Europe, Earth) on Youtube (great website - highly recommended). They are playing "Breaking the Habit" and the audience are singing along to each lyric, word by word. It's lovely and I'm jealous. A paradox that I am sadly used to. Like when my flatmate buys a beautiful new dress. Inexpensively. It's always lovely. And I am always, always, jealous.

My wardrobe that spreads along one wall is half open with my clothing messily organised - no easy feat I tell you. Shoes spill out of the bottom of the opening from where I attempted to find the second of the pair I wore today. White, lace-less trainers with metal studs on the sides, if you're wondering. You're probably not.

My washing basket is over flowing. Sexy.

Linking Park are now playing "Shadow of the Day". Awesome.

My music taste is vast and often tasteless. I try to remedy this, but then I find I have no shame, especially in my own company. I ruined my Tuesday by Googling the following:

"Hey, I just met you"

...out of curiosity. I kept seeing these gags on 9gag.com, during my weekly perusing... okay daily... and I had no idea what they were talking about, which will just not do. What I discovered was horrific and the bloody, blasted, bastard tune was stuck in my head throughout the day. And, little tip. Singing "Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy, but here's my number, so call me maybe" over and over and over and over again during an 11hour day does not make one popular with your new colleagues. 

I rarely give advice, as it's something that annoys the hell out of me. Advice is rarely given in sincerity but instead in superiority. Also, it is so eagerly given by a lot of people. I understand it, the knowledge that someone listens to your thinking and takes it on board is addictive. But people so readily give it, in such pointless situations, such as when you have a cough, when you like a guy/girl, when you want a new song to listen to or when you are getting hounded by a charity telemarketer. In these situations, logic SHOULD kick in. If you have a cough - have some syrup, drink water, talk less, lay off the fags... If you like a guy/girl, think and act, or don't, it only effects you.... If you want some new music to listen to, check out the charts in your favourite genre, check out a friend's iTunes or go crazy and just buy a random album at Asda.... If you are getting hounded by a charity telemarketer, ask them to stop calling or tell them to fuck off. I am NOT advising you here. I am TELLING you to think for yourself.  So there.

But, in all seriousness, don't ever listen to that song, don't go Google it now, and don't ever think about it again. 

If you have already listened to it... let's totally make up a dance routine to go with it. Really, really annoy them. If you're going to do something, do it well.

Anyway, in case you're wondering (you're probably not), I'm wearing an old t-shirt of my Dad's - I think - with some faded information about an event in Berlin on the front. And pants. 

TMI. Brought to you by the now Self Employed and exhausted but happy Miss H.

(What I've Done has just started. Excellent)

If you don't like Linkin Park then you should either see a doctor or take off your Dr Dre headphones - the Dubstep is melting your brain

Love you really.

No comments:

Post a Comment