Monday 13 February 2012

Approach with Caution

I have approached many things in my life with an approach that reflects the approach of a kleptomaniac on a 99p shop while her mother watches her. It's perfectly logical to think that she will do what is expected and simply go in and purchase the 99p bag of Minstrels (which go out of date in two days but hell knows they ain't gonna last that long) using a £1 coin that litters her purse.... but we all know she really wants to go crazy and pocket those Minstrels and two rolls of bubblegum without going through the necessary and expected motions of her peers, fleeing the shop with her stolen goods, an ill-gotten thrill and a weird pride at her undeserved gain.

This metaphor is summarizing my feeling of frustration that I haven't got to where I want to be quick enough, but at least I know when I get there, it'll be worth it. WHEN.

And I don't have any Minstrels.

No comments:

Post a Comment